The City of Toronto and TTC understand that good planning involves the community, and that better decisions are made when many perspectives are considered. We want the community’s help to shape plans for how we will deliver a fast, reliable, safe and enjoyable subway service to meet the needs of current and future customers.
Participating in the planning of our rapid transit system is an opportunity for local residents, businesses, institutions and transit users across Toronto to be involved. We want the community’s help to shape a plan for the Scarborough Subway Extension that meets the needs of all users and the community.
Our Commitment to You:
We will engage the public in ways that are transparent, collaborative, inclusive and authentic. We will invite feedback at every stage of the process – both in person and on-line. We know that the best results come by more people participating in and contributing to the conversation. We are listening to your views.
As proposed in the draft Terms of Reference, all project-related communications will embrace the following Guiding Principles:
- Inclusiveness – Engage the widest possible audience through multiple consultation opportunities
- Timeliness – Offer early and ongoing opportunities for participation well before decisions are made
- Transparency – Participation will be widely communicated through multiple communications channels
- Balance – Provide opportunities for a diversity of perspectives and opinions to be raised and considered
- Flexibility – Adapt as required to meet the needs of participants
- Traceability – Demonstrate the impact of participant input on decision making